Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Day in the Life

I arrive at the drug information center at 8:30am every day after grabbing a hot espresso from the coffee shop on the first floor of the hospital.

In the morning, Apple and I go to the neonatology unit for morning rounds. Before entering the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) we must take off our shoes and put on special sandals for the NICU. The neonatologists and residents are sometimes willing to do the rounds in English for me; otherwise Apple or one of the brave residents translates to English.
Me, Apple, NICU Nurse:
Dr. Namtip teaching me something about our "golden baby:" Me with Dr. Naa, one of my favorite doctors:
Me giving a presentation to a few nurses about preventing catheter associated blood stream infections:

After eating lunch either in the cafeteria or at a local Chinese restaurant with the other students, I research drug questions in the drug information room with the Thai PharmD students and pharmacists.
Every evening when I leave the hospital, I walk through the middle of an aerobics class held at the hospital... After work, the other PharmD students and I grab dinner (my favorite place is Connections Restaurant) then relax (shopping or watching movies).

No comments: