Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Phuket, Part II

Since I was on holiday in Phuket, I just wanted to relax! On Sunday I decided to rent a motorbike and give myself a tour of some the different beaches that Phuket has to offer. The motorbike rental for the day only cost $7! And yes they drive on the left side of the road in Thailand and yes I did a great job driving on the left!

First up I took the short drive over to Karon Beach, which is just north of Kata Beach. I did not like Karon beach as much as Kata Beach. It was quite large, but there was no one there picking up the garbage, so it seemed a little littered to me.


Next I drove to the market to eat some real Thai food, not the westernized stuff I was finding at the restaurants near the hotel. After lunch I thought it'd be a good idea to relax when the sun was strongest by getting a massage. I naively thought I'd be getting a western massage, but in fact the massage was half western and half Thai. But it still was very good and relaxing.


Next up I drove down to Kata Noi Beach (Little Kata Beach). Kata Noi was just as amazing as Kata Beach, but just smaller. I would recommend staying on this beach if you don't want to be near really any restaurants or shops at all.


Here is Karon Beach on top, Kata Beach in the middle, and Kata Noi Beach on the bottom:

Next up I made the long trek over to Nai Han Beach, which was recommended to me by all of the locals back in Phitsanulok. Nai Han is supposed to beach one of the most beautiful and isolated beaches in Phuket. However, this was probably the busiest beach I visited the whole weekend! This beach was full of expats and their Thai wives. It is a beautiful beach though. However, my photos are not that great because it was overcast when I was there.

Just in case anyone has forgotten what the sun looks like when setting over the sea:


No comments: