Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Phuket, Part I


I was so excited to be in Phuket, I spent the whole first day on the beach!!! I began the day with breakfast (from 7 Eleven of course) on the beach:
I had such a wonderful time lounging around the gorgeous Kata Beach. I believe that Kata Beach is the best beach I have ever visited in the world. It's quite big, the sand is absolutely perfect, no rocks or shells to step on, there's no garbage, the water is clear and beautiful, and I almost had the whole place to myself! Later in the day, the waves also got almost intimidatingly large.

For the next day I booked a tour of Phi Phi Island. The first stop on our tour was Maya Beach. This is where parts of the movie "The Beach" were filmed. Even though I haven't seen that movie, I still recognized the scenery:

After relaxing on the beach and swimming around the cove, it was time for some serious snorkeling. I saw many beautiful fish and even one shark!

Next up was Phi Phi island for lunch. The next beach was one of my favorites, Khai Nok Island. This was a tiny island in the middle of the Andaman Sea. I enjoyed more snorkeling and the picturesque scenery. After a long day in the sun I was ready to head back to the resort for a swim in the pool and an "after sun facial."

No comments: