Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bangkok Part I

Friday I decided to catch the bus down to Bangkok for the weekend. I was lucky to stay at Kay's house for the weekend (P-Kik's friend). We woke up early on Saturday and headed off to visit many temples or wats surrounding Bangkok:
After lunch, we went to the famous floating market. The floating market has many boats on the river where venders cook and serve food delicious meals and snacks:

Coconut-something wrapped in banana leaf...so good!




Sunday we visited the huge JJ market in Bangkok. I was glad to have Kay with me to help me get Thai prices on all the items I bought. Sunday night I was fortunate enough to attend a real Thai wedding reception. It was quite similiar to a western wedding ceremony, but no etoh or dancing...

No comments: