Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day Trip

Ba-Ouwan, P-Kik, P-Yoo, and I headed off to Petchaboon on Saturday. We visited The Imperial Phukaew Hill Resort; the pharmacy staff will come back to this resort in October for a weekend of relationship development. The resort was beautiful. I also partook in a ropes course and go carting down the mountain.



After lunch at the resort we visited a farm to buy fresh fruit. I bought dragon fruit (my favorite!), star fruit, and passion fruit. Next we visited a local palace of the King which was surrounded by a lush garden:



Then, we stopped by a memorial dedicated to Buddha. At this Buddha memorial there is a place to make a wish and your wish will come true if you can lift a large rock. I made my wish and I was able to lift the rock, so I guess it will come true! We also visited a memorial dedicated to the Thai citizen’s that died during a war that happened in the Thai mountains a few years ago.



Our last stop was at a local coffee shop located in the picturesque mountains in northern Thailand.
Me, Ba-Ouwan, & P-Kik:

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Eva,
Sounds like your having a wonderful time.
You know me and my coffee, so I particularly like this photo of coffee hill.
Take care, be safe and stop in an visit when you get home.
Bruce (The old guy) at Sauk Pharmacy